So it’s June, with January long gone. I actually met my January sewing goal, but didn’t take photos until today. You’ll have to believe me on this one!

I made the Scout Tee from Grainline Studio. I cut out a size 10 and sewed it without any modifications. The fabric was purchased from a thrift store and seemed like cotton with a fairly loose weave. I had problems with seams puckering and used both cotton thread and a microtex needle to reduce the problem. I used the Grainline Studio tutorials for sewing a bias neckline and using French seams for all seams.

I am pretty pleased with the result, and have worn it a couple times. I’m not sure about the fit–maybe I need to make a smaller size.

P1100684

P1100650

As for sewing more this year, I started February with good intentions. I decided the goal for February was to modify and mend a few items. I modified two pairs of pants, one linen and one fleece, by narrowing the legs. I replaced the elastic waistband on a pair of long underwear used for kayaking. Replacing the elastic was more difficult than I imagined, and I would be a bit embarrassed to post any pictures! While working on the waistband, my machine started making clunking sounds. Now, I have to figure out what the problem is before any more sewing goals can be made. I guess that will be my goal for this month!

Advertisements